Why Most People Prefer
Launch & Retrieve
Security, Convenience, Maintenance, ease of use
and peace of mind have more and more owners choosing Launch & Retrieve
**Example is based on OffShore Marina at Bullfrog**
Video Illustration of Launch and Retrieve
Step 1 I Step 2 I Step 3 I Step 4
Launch and Retrieve
- The boat receives thorough weekly maintenance and
inspections, which result in lower maintenance costs
and minimize down time.
- You have the option to park your vehicle close to
the boat and conveniently load your belongings on board the night before your trip begins.
- The boat is refueled on shore. Fuel on land averages
about $1.00/gal less than fuel on the lake.
- Over all, total annual costs tend to be a bit less.
- The boat is secured year round virtually eliminating
the possibility of unauthorized visitors.
- Buoy/Slip length restrictions do not apply to Launch
& Retrieve vessels.
- Annual Maintenance fee ($1000) & Launch and Retrieval
fee ($1,500) includes insurance,
management and scheduling services, preventative
maintenance and repairs, storage, launch & retrieve, weekly
maintenance check, fill fresh water tanks, holding tanks pump
out, fueling service, propane, toilet paper and chemical, vacuum
and trash compactor bags, cleaning and sanitizing service.
- Fuel ($3.50/gallon on land) $1,050.00
- Annual total fees & fuel - $3,550.00
Buoy or Slip
- The boat remains on the water year round. By necessity,
inspections and maintenance tend to be less frequent,
less complete and more difficult.
- After parking your vehicle you have the option to
carry your belongings to the dock, by cart, or shuttle
them out to the buoy using a smaller boat (assuming
you have access to one).
- Major repairs tend to be more difficult and expensive
because special arrangements must be made to remove
the boat from the water.
- Fuel on the lake averages about $1.00/gallon more
than on land.
- Slip or buoy rental fees are substantially more and
increase annually (virtually guaranteed).
- The boat is unattended and vulnerable to uninvited
- It is not uncommon for house boaters to incur significant
damage entering or leaving a slip, fuel dock or pump
- Buoy/Slips regulate the length of the vessel which
may be moored there.
- Annual Maintenance fee $2,000.00 (estimated average including slip or bouy rental)
Holding tank pump-out, fueling, propane, water fill,
plus check on/off service $350.00 (basic service), plus
Cleaning $150.00 cleaning and sanitizing (household
cleaners cannot be used on the lake)
- Fuel (@$4.50/gallon on the lake) $1,350.00
- Annual total fees & fuel- $3,850.00